Building muscle happens in multiple stages, the workout, the nutrition and the repairing post-workout. You can’t skip ANY of these stages and expect to build muscle like a pro! Here’s some of Rob’s best tips learned from his transformation and top trainers from around the world!
- Always train to failure. Meaning, your last reps should include shaking, weak muscles.
- Sets, reps, weight should change every 2-3 weeks. Exercises should change 4 weeks max.
- Higher reps, High sets, 65-85% of your 1RM. Think 8-12 for body parts that you really want to grow and 4-6 sets.
- Avoid steady-state and long duration cardio, stick to HIIT, sprints etc…
- Tempo should be slower, eccentric: concentric 4 sec:2sec respectively.
- Sleep 8 hours and if over 30, use a liquid melatonin spray to allow for deep restorative sleep.
- Drop sets are a great way to get to failure on your last set.
- Use an undenatured whey protein supplement post workout, every workout.
- Have a “cheat day” weekly where you increase carbs and fat by about 50%.
- Because of your higher protein intake, watch out for your Ph by doing a weekly/monthly cellular detox or by eating tons of green veggies daily.
# # # #
Want more great tips and Rob’s personal program? Get it here!