Kickoff your Super Bowl Sunday with a mouth watering, to-good-to-be-true recipes that will keep your family and friends fueled for the big game!
Servings: 24 deviled eggs
12 large eggs, hard boiled, peeled
½ cup 0% Greek Yogurt
½ cup Non-Fat Cottage Cheese
1 tsp Dijon Mustard
Kosher Sea Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
Paprika, for garnishing
1. Slice all of the hard boiled eggs in half, lengthwise, lay them cut side up and reserve half of the yolk in a medium bowl, discard the other half of yolks.
2. Add yogurt, cottage cheese, mustard, salt and pepper to the eggs yolks and beat with hand mixer until smooth and all lumps are gone.
3. Fill each egg with a spoonful of filling and garnish with a sprinkle of paprika.
Spinach & Artichoke Dip
2 TBSP EVOO
¼ cup Shallots, roughly chopped
4 Green Onions, chopped
1 TBSP Garlic, minced
12 oz Spinach, fresh
1 cup Artichokes, from a jar
1 cup 0% Greek Yogurt
½ cup Low-Fat Feta Cheese, finely crumbled
½ tsp Lemon Zest
1 Lemon, juiced
2 TBSP Dill, fresh, chopped
Kosher Sea Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
1. In a medium frying pan, heat the EVOO. Add the shallots, onions and garlic. Cook while stirring frequently for about 1 minute. Add spinach and cook, stirring often, until wilted, about 2 minutes.
2. Add the spinach and jarred artichokes to a food processor and puree.
3. Add the greek yogurt, feta, lemon zest, lemon juice, dill and pulse until desired consistency. Salt & pepper to taste. Serve will baked tortilla chips or cut veggies.
Steak Fajita Pinwheels
2lb Lean Beef Flank
1 tsp Sea Salt
1 tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper
1 tsp Chili Powder
1 cup Spicy Salsa
4 Large Whole Grain or Corn Tortillas
1 can Black Beans, drained, reserve 2 TBSP liquid
1 Yellow Bell Pepper, cut into thin 2″ long strips
1 Red Bell Pepper, cut into thin 2″ long strips
1 TBSP Olive Oil
1 box Tooth Picks
1. 2 hours before cooking: In a small bowl, whisk the salt, pepper and chili powder. Sprinkle the seasoning mixture on each side of the cut of beef and put in a plastic bag or Tupperware container in refrigerator for 2 hours.
2. Preheat the oven to 400. Also, heat the grill to medium. Add the beef to the grill turning it frequently and cook till desired temperature. Remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly. Then slice beef into thin 2″ strips.
3. Add the cut peppers into a baking dish with the olive oil. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until soft. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
4. Add the black beans to a food processor or blender and pulse until they are smooth, adding the reserved liquid if needed.
5. Once all components are cooked and slightly cooled. Lay the tortilla on a flat surface. Top each tortilla spread the 1/4 the black beans, 1/4 cup of the salsa and 1/4 of the peppers, 1/4 of the beef.
6. Roll the tortilla carefully. Stick 6 tooth picks in the roll evenly separated.
With a sharp knife, cut between each of the tooth picks to leave 6 even pinwheels.
Arrange the pinwheels on a platter for serving.
Servings: 14- 1 oz Meatballs
1 lb Lean Ground Beef or Turkey
½ cup Whole Wheat Panko
2 TBSP Parsley, fresh, chopped
1 tsp Garlic, minced
1 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 TBSP Tomato Paste
1 tsp Kosher Salt
1 tsp Black Pepper
2 Egg Whites
6 leaves Basil, chopped
1 cup Marinara Sauce, low sugar
1 12 ounce can Crushed Tomatoes
1 8 ounce can Tomato Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium size bowl, combine well the parsley, garlic, EVOO, tomato paste, Kosher Salt, pepper, egg whites and Panko.
3. Add the ground meat and combine evenly (using hands is the easiest).
4. Once the meat is combined with the mixture, roll 14 balls and place each on the parchment paper.
5. Turn your crock pot on low and add the jar of marinara, basil, crushed tomatoes and tomato sauce. Add the meatballs into the marinara sauce.
6. Cook on low for 5-6 hours, or until the meatballs are no longer pink inside. Keep in the crock pot for easy transport to your event.
Salty-Sweet Fruit & Nut Bites
½ cup Dried Cherries
½ cup Dried Cranberries
½ cup Dried Blueberries
1 bag 60% or higher Dark Chocolate Chips
1 cup Almond Pieces (or chopped almonds)
1 tsp Fleur de Sel
1. Line a mini cupcake pan with mini-cup liners.
2. In a medium bowl mix the dried fruits and the almonds.
3. In a double boiler on low heat, heat the chocolate chips until smooth and melted.
4. Pour the chocolate over the fruit & nut mixture. Use a spatula to mix and coat all the pieces with the chocolate.
5. Using a teaspoons, scoop up a teaspoon on the mixture into a little pile on the baking sheet. Repeat until all the mixture is used. Lightly sprinkle each piece with Fleur de Sel.
6. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Store in a tightly sealed container for up to 5 days.