8 Comments

Alan
    August 26, 2009 at 12:44 pm

Great article, but a couple of quick questions. First, this sounds like a great set up, but you have said that when you are overseas you don’t turn on your iPhone. Are you using “iPhone” as a euphemism for that type of connectivity/engagement? Second, specifically about the application – do you run Things on your laptop and sink? Last, are there any business specific applications (as compared to social media applications) that you run from your iPhone?

Thanks for the great content!

Alan

jonas
    August 26, 2009 at 9:18 pm

hey rob,

great article! i love your site, the content you provide and the jetsetter lifestyle!

one of the main pillars of your success in my eyes is the quality of your pictures! so…i’d basically like to encourage you to write a blog about that. which camera do you use? do you go over the pics with photoshop or sth.?

you guys always seem to have the perfect light, the perfect angle and positioning in context to backround etc.

i’d love to read a bit where you elaborate on this!

besides that, keep up the good work!

best,
    jonas

Phil
    August 27, 2009 at 3:14 pm

Awesome! I’m doing pretty much the same thing. Hanging in beautiful Oia, Santorini for the week 🙂

One small idea… you could have your VA transfer your Facebook status to Twitter

I like your idea of having the VA’s clear out annoying Facebook items.

Rob
    August 31, 2009 at 1:20 pm

@Alan,
    Thanks for the kinds words. Ok. to your questions…..Yep, when I’m overseas NO phone at all I want to be “in the moment”. So, I have my VA do the best she can managing all of the above things and with one e-mail at the end of the day we review everything (or via a 5min Skype call). Regarding the “Things App” I sync it from my iphone via wifi just by walking in my house and using it. Hope that helps.

@Jonas,
    Thanks for the photo comments. Kim is the one who does all of that. Her photos were just selected to run on the front page of CNN Travel. I’m just the guy in the pictures that she makes look good:) She is amazing!

@Phil,
    Sound like YOUR living the dream! Enjoy OIa (one of my favorites)!

Jeff K.
    September 2, 2009 at 11:14 am

“1. Facebook App – My VA approves all my friends and deletes the prickly hug crap. So, the only thing that’s left for me to do is post a status update. This takes me about 2 minutes.”

The prickly hug crap! Ha, ha. That appeals to my inner cynic.

Tom Q.
    November 19, 2009 at 10:18 am

Just so you know – there’s an app for Facebook (“Twitter App for Facebook” – apps.facebook.com/twitter/) that allows you to have your FB status update refresh directly from Twitter. That would save you the copy & paste, and now you’ve reduced your daily time to twenty-nine minutes! 🙂

Pat
    June 4, 2010 at 12:25 pm

Is there a “things” application that is compatible with the blackberry?

Justin McClelland
    December 4, 2011 at 3:38 pm

I learned a few techniques here. Thanks. I’m always looking for better ways to utilize my iphone in my business. Be more efficient and not one of those people with it glued to their palm.