I love a great margarita. But, I hate when my margarita tastes like sour mix. In fact, real margaritas don’t ever use sour mix! I found that out during my last trip to the One & Only Pamilla in Mexico.
So, working from the original recipe for a margarita I made my own version. Where ever we go, we’re teaching the bartender how to make our favorite cocktail!
- 1 Short Glass or Margarita Glass
- 2 oz. Silver Tequila <em>* I personally prefer a silver or Avión Tequila</em>
- 1 TBSP Organic Agave Sweetener
- 1 Lime, quartered
- 1/2 to 1 whole Orange, halved
- Salt/Sugar for the rim (optional)
- In a shaker squeeze the juice from the whole lime & from half of the orange. (More orange can be added to suit your taste.) Add 2 orange slices, and two lime slices and muddle.
- To the shaker, add the the tequila, the agave and 4-5 ice cubes.
- Rim your glass with the salt/sugar if you desire. (I like to mix the salt & sugar together)
- Shake the mixture in the shaker & pour into a glass of your choice
BECOME A JET SET LIFE VIP FREE!