Nikki Scott, a former advertising executive, decided to backpack across the world, and also make a business out of it. She started a series of print magazines in different regions of the world, set up an adventure trip booking website and has written a book that tells the adventures of running a business in Thailand and life as an expat in Southeast Asia.
Discussed in this episode:
- What was the biggest transformational moment that led to a traveling lifestyle rather than resigning to a 9 to 5 job.
- Are people from Europe more likely to take gap years for traveling.
- The differences between the vision she had when she started versus what actually happened.
- How the experiences and people you meet on the way can open your eyes and change your life
- Backpacking tips and tricks for young people that just started traveling.
- Traveling with a partner relationship vs traveling alone.
- The biggest obstacles that had to be overcome in building a business while traveling in Southeast Asia.
- Is age an obstacle in building a brand or is it an advantage.
- Does money influence the spirit of traveling and the kind of people you meet.
- How the feedback of the readers can really keep you going even in the toughest times.
- What are the most important steps to get to success for the people stuck in their own belief system.
- The pros and cons between a hippie guitar playing way of life vs getting a proper job way of life.
- Main subjects and insides covered in the her book, Backpacker Business.
- Traditions and cultures.
- Raising a family while traveling.
- How difficult is to live in a country not knowing the language
- Why is Barcelona so awesome.
How to Connect with Nikki Scott:
Her Book… Backpacker Business: One girl’s journey from wide-eyed traveller to worldwide entrepreneur.
Visit us at: JetSetLife.tv for more amazing podcasts and videos!