2 lbs Extra-Lean Beef Stew Meat
1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
2 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Onion, diced
3 Celery Stalks, diced
2 Carrots, diced
1 Packet Vegetable Soup Mix
6 Fingerling Potatoes, halved
1 cup Low-Sodium Beef Stock
1/2 TBSP Worcestershire Sauce
2 Bay Leaves
1 cup Water
1. Heat 1 TBSP of the olive oil in a large skillet on medium high heat.
2. In a large Ziplock bag, add the flour, salt and pepper. Pat each cube of the beef dry and add it to the Ziplock bag. Once all meat is in the bag, close and shake to coat the meat evenly.
3. Once meat is coated, using tongs, add the beef cubes to the heated pan and brown all sides. Once browned, add the beef to the crock pot.
4. In the same skillet, add the remaining 1 TBSP of olive oil and the onion. Saute until the onion is translucent. Then add to the crock-pot.
5. On top of the onion in the crock-pot, add the diced celery, carrots, vegetable soup mix and potatoes.
6. Add the beef stock to the skillet, along with the Worcestershire sauce and bay leaves, bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to low and let stand for 3 minutes. Add the warmed stock to the crock-pot along with the cup of water.
7. Cover the crock-pot and cook on low for 5 hours or until the beef is fork tender.