Sophia loves bananas, but has a little problem saying “Banana” the right way….and now that she knows we think it’s freakin hysterical, she probably never will. So, in honor, here’s Sophia’s Gluten Free Balalalalala Bread. But for real, this banana bread will blow your mind! Enjoy!
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/4 cup packed organic brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp local honey
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1 3/4 cup almond meal
- 3/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free oats
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9×5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper or grease with butter.
2. Mash 3 bananas in a large bowl. Add all wet ingredients and whisk to combine. Then add almond meal, flaxseed meal and oats mix well.
3. Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes. When the bread is ready, it should feel firm and golden brown on top.
4. Let cool completely before cutting or it will be too tender to hold form.
5. Slice and enjoy!