Watch this….then do it…. Simple as that!
SHOW NOTES: Getting What You Want! Goals vs. Intentions
Difference between your intention and your goal…..
Goals focus on a fixed outcome in the future, while intentions focus on the present.
Goals are an effort to achieve a set of results in the future, which we accomplish or fail to reach based upon the objectives and actions that we take along the way.
Our intentions serve as a guide to living consciously, without being tied to the end result. Everything that happens in the universe begins with intention.
3 Steps to Creating Powerful Intentions
The goal is for your intentions to “get stuck in your head” just like the Mickey mouse song is stuck in mine! 😉
- What do you REALLY want? Like really, really, really want? Keep asking yourself why until you get to the emotional reason that truly MOVES you.
- Use the phrase “I Am” then fill in the blank. Commit to your intention vs “wishing” or “wanting”. Commitments are serious, permanent, real. Dreams are nice, but gone when you wake up. Commitments don’t leave until they’re accomplished.
- Embody your commitment. Preferably in the morning AND in the evening. It’s sends a message to the universe and your subconscious that you are serious. See Anthony Robbins use incantations to anchor in your intention.
- FEEL IT: Be certain. Stand up, MOVE your body, roll your shoulders back and USE YOUR VOICE! It’s crazy how a very small change in HOW you say your affirmation is everything.
- HEAR IT: State your commitment out loud. Use your voice, that strong, committed, CERTAIN voice.
- SEE IT: Get in front of the mirror!
- OWN IT: You’ve got this. You’re not backing down.
And we LOVE this quote we saw on The Chopra Center’s Website.
A passage from the Vedic text known as the Upanishads states,
“You are what your deepest desire is. As your desire is, so is your intention. As your intention is, so is your will. As your will is, so is your deed. As your deed is, so is your destiny.”
See you all next week with another Jet Set Life VLOG!